How Your Body Responds (POSITIVELY!) To Lemon In Water
I have a friend who always drinks water while dining out. She will order water instead of sodas or tea, and squeezes juice from a fresh lemon into the water. This lady is healthier and more energetic than most people I know, so maybe she is on to something?
When you add lemon to water, you create a simple but very special beverage that can satisfy your thirst better than any other drink. On top of that, it nourishes your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. There is no need to add a sweetener, because lemon in water has a special flavor that is very satisfying without the need for adding anything else.
First thing in the morning, when we wake up, our body is normally somewhat dehydrated. It needs water to flush toxins and get everything functioning properly. Adding the lemon provides numerous additional benefits, as you will see below.
Here is how to prepare lemon water that will refresh and restore your cells and get you off to a great start!
1) take one cup of warm water, preferably purified or spring water
2) squeeze the juice from 1|2 lemon into the water
3) drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for maximum absorption
Note: you can also use lemon essential oil to make this healthy drink.
Please share if you find this interesting!
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
- Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
- Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
- Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
- Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
- Water with lemon cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.