What Happens If You Eat Honey and Turmeric Together?
The Incredible Benefit When You Mix Honey + Turmeric And Eat It
Do you like honey? Most of us do – this sweet natural product has a long history of use both as a food and a natural remedy for many different ills.
Why is honey so popular? Part of it is certainly the sweet taste, and the ease with which it can be consumed and used in diverse recipes. On the medicinal side, honey is often used to help ease the discomfort of seasonal allergies, and to provide an overall boost for the immune system. Honey can also aid in healing bacterial and viral infections.
In fact, research published in the FASEB journal reveals how honey actually functions to kill bacteria. It seems that bees make a particular protein that gets added to the honey, which works the magic. So, honey is much more than just a sweet condiment!
Turmeric has a fabulous reputation of its own. In herbal medicine practice, turmeric has been used for centuries to treat various ills, and has shown antimicrobial activity. This tasty spice has a long history of medicinal use in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine, notably as an anti-inflammatory agent for treating numerous conditions.
Consuming a blend of raw honey and turmeric has amazing healing potential. This mix can be useful for fighting bacterial and viral infections, as well as an anti-inflammatory agent that can ease symptoms of allergies. It can also give your immune system a natural boost. Unlike many commercial drugs, this natural honey and turmeric mix has no known side effects and is truly good for you.
Try this healthy honey and turmeric recipe, and take note of how you feel while consuming it. It should make a noticeable difference! Please share if you like this.
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) raw honey
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper (to optimize turmeric absorption and bio-availability – see more details here)
For some extra kick and additional health benefits you can also add:
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar
Add the turmeric powder and the black pepper to the honey and mix well until smooth. If you’re also using lemon zest and apple cider vinegar, add them as well. Put the mixture in a (preferably) glass, air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks (don’t consume it if it develops a metallic taste).
Instructions for use:
The amount you take depends on your needs and health problems.
- For general immune support and seasonal allergies, take 1 tablespoon daily.
- If you’re getting over a cold or flu, take half a teaspoon every hour on the first day of your treatment. On the second day, take half a teaspoon every 2 hours. On the third day, half a teaspoon three times a day will suffice. You can find more natural ways to stay free from cold & flu here.
- If you’re treating a respiratory condition (asthma, bronchitis, lung problems), it has been recommended to eat half a teaspoon three times a day.
You should keep Golden Honey in your mouth until it’s completely dissolved.