Try These Effective Home Remedies for Weakness & Lack of Energy
If you feel sluggish or sleepy a lot of the time, and have trouble making it through a day, this is an issue of weakness and lack of energy. There can be any number of causes for this – if it is chronic, it’s not a bad idea to get a physical checkup to rule out any serious underlying illness.
Much of the time, though, simply adding some additional nutrition to the diet can work wonders. Check out these super foods below and give them a try for a natural boost of energy and more strength to make it through your day feeling great!
If you enjoy this article, please do share!
General weakness or feeling lethargic is a common problem faced by many. According to Center for Pain and Supportive Care, weakness can be defined as “lack of physical or muscle strength and the feeling that extra effort is needed to perform daily activities”.
Weakness may leave you without energy to carry out day-to-day activities, drowsy or tired, sluggish, and uninterested. Other symptoms include excessive sweating, loss of appetite, difficulty concentrating, and difficulty falling asleep.
You can feel weak due to lack of essential nutrients, not getting enough sleep, a weak immune system, excessive drinking, skipping meals, emotional stress, and too much physical labor.
Try some of these….
Bananas are a great source of natural sugars like sucrose, fructose, and glucose that can give you a quick and substantial energy boost. Plus, bananas have potassium, a mineral your body needs to convert sugar into energy. The fiber in bananas also helps maintain the glucose level in your blood.
- Whenever you feel weak, eat one or two bananas. You can also try a banana shake or smoothie.
- To help strengthen your body and keep from feeling weak, eat a ripe banana with one tablespoon of honey twice daily.
Almonds are packed with vitamin E that can help you feel energetic and fight the symptoms of general weakness. Also, the high dose of magnesium in almonds plays a role in changing protein, fat, and carbohydrates into energy sources. A mild deficiency of magnesium may be the cause of weakness in some people.
- Soak two almonds, one dried fig, and a few raisins in water overnight. In the morning, remove the almonds, figs and raisins and drink the water. Peel and eat the almonds, followed by the fig and raisins.
- Also, carry roasted almonds with you and whenever you feel fatigue or weak, eat some to get instant energy.
Milk is considered the best source of vital B vitamins that are believed to reduce weakness. Also, it is a good source of calcium that keeps your bones and muscles strong.
- Whenever you have weakness, drink a cup of warm milk with one teaspoon of honey mixed in it.
- You can also boil two to three figs in one cup of milk. Eat the boiled figs and drink the milk to gain strength.
- Alternatively, add one teaspoon of clarified butter to a glass of warm milk. Drink it twice daily to cure weakness caused by excessive loss of blood.
4. Indian Gooseberry
Also known as amla, Indian gooseberry is a highly nutritious fruit that can improve your energy level. It is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, protein, irons, carbohydrates, and phosphorous. Simply eating one Indian gooseberry daily can strengthen a weak immune system.
- Deseed a few Indian gooseberries and put them in a juicer to extract fresh juice.
- Mix two tablespoons of the juice with an equal amount of honey.
- Drink it two or three times a day for a week.
Known for centuries as a powerful antioxidant, ginseng can give you more energy whenever you feel weak. The calm and soothing nature of this herb will also have an instant effect on your nerves.
- Cut one ginseng root into thin slices.
- Simmer eight to 10 slices in three cups of water for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Strain the solution, add a little honey and allow it to cool.
- Drink one to three cups of ginseng tea daily as needed.
Note: Ginseng is not suitable for those who have high blood pressure.